P.O. Box 258
18741 Veterans Memorial Highway
Dungannon, VA 24245
~~What a privilege we have been given by God to be able to spend our lives giving His love away.~~
THE HOLY SPIRIT
2. Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6. To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8. Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9. Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11. In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12. That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
14. Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
1. The gift of the Holy Spirit is the seal of God's ownership. See Ephesians 1:13.
2. The gift of the Holy Spirit is the earnest of our inheritance. See Ephesians 1:14.
3. The Holy Spirit is to aid us in our prayer life. See Ephesians 2:18.
4. By the work of the Holy Spirit we are built into the temple of our Lord.
THINK IT OVER
The precious Holy Spirit came that He might be to us the source of strength, wisdom, guidance, and help we need. We must recognize Him and respond to Him with faith and with an attitude of joyful cooperation.
May 31, 2020 Sermon Outline
,ku,m , 6
BACK TO BETHEL
2. Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:
3. And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went.
4. And they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem.
5. And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.
6. So Jacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan, that is, Bethel, he and all the people that were with him.
7. And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother.
8. But Deborah Rebekah's nurse died, and she was buried beneath Bethel under an oak: and the name of it was called Allonbachuth.
9. And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padanaram, and blessed him.
10. And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
11. And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;
12. And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.
13. And God went up from him in the place where he talked with him.
14. And Jacob set up a pillar in the place where he talked with him, even a pillar of stone: and he poured a drink offering thereon, and he poured oil thereon.
15. And Jacob called the name of the place
where God spake with him, Bethel.
1. The call. See Genesis 35:1.
2. The preparation.See Genesis 35:2-6.
3. The revelation. See Genesis 35:6-15.
4. The memorial. See Genesis 35:14-15.
THINK IT OVER
Places were very important in the life and experience of Jacob as they are to each of us. We are enriched when we remember the place where we met God. As we remember the place, we remember the event. May we ever recall for our spiritual profit the places where we have met with God.
May 17, 2020 Sermon Answers
This site was last updated on May 31, 2020 .